Margot Rusmanis is running two Theory crash-courses this summer:
- 18th – 22nd July or 25th – 29th July
- For any student who has passed grade 4 in their instrument/ voice
The course covers all the topics for grade 5 theory with the exception of Italian, German & French terms which can be done very successfully as online quizzes, and includes the setting and marking of weekly papers and extra help up to the date of the exam.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Berkshire Chamber Music Festival are having a Strings Day conducted by Rebecca Miller on the 3rd of July at Bradfield College. Rebecca is the Principal Conductor of the Uppsala Chamber Orchestra and she will be joined by musicians from the Royal Opera House, the English Chamber Orchestra, the London Mozart Players and the LPO. For 12-18 year olds.
Guildhall School of Music & Drama courses taking place between between 18th July and 5th August – click each item for details:
- Wind, Brass & Percussion Summer Course (Ages 12 – 18)
- Jazz & Rock Week / Junior Jazz & Rock Week (Ages 16+/ Ages 11-15)
- Singers’ Weekend (Ages 16+)
- Vocal Summer School for Classical Singers (Ages 16 – 21)
- Advanced Aural Skills (Ages 14+)
- Essential Aural Skills (Ages 11- 17)
- Advanced Music Theory (Ages 14+)
- Essential Music Theory: Grade 5 (Ages 11-17, 18+)
- Contemporary A Capella (Ages 18+)
- Introduction to Song Writing (Ages 16+)
The Brass Academy is offering residential courses for brass players aged 8-18, held at the Purcell School, Bushey, Hertfordshire. Courses include a week of expert brass tuition from the country’s leading professional musicians, sport and fantastic boarding activities, dates as follows:
- Summer Course One: Mon 25 – Fri 29 July 2022
- Summer Course Two: Mon 22 – Fri 26 August 2022
The National Schools’ Symphony Orchestra’s summer course is on 10-17 July
BMEH have announced their County Groups for the 2021/22 Season, to include:
- Buckinghamshire County Youth Orchestra (BCYO)
- Buckinghamshire Youth Wind Ensemble (BYWE)
- Bucks County Youth Choir (BCYC)
- Bucks Youth Jazz Collective (BYJC)
Please click HERE for full details.
Thame Concert Band
Thame Concert Band are giving a summer concert on July 23rd.
Looking for something to do when the kids are at CMA?
Wycombe Concert Band (in affiliation with CMA) rehearses on Fridays at RGS from 7.45 to 9.15pm, and can accommodate adult woodwind, brass and percussion players, beginners through to intermediate standard. No prior band experience is necessary.
Wycombe is blessed with several good amateur orchestras and bands including:
Instruments wanted/for sale
If you’re buying/selling please let us know and we’ll post your details here. (CMA members only.)
1/4 size cello for sale, £300 ono. Please contact Anna Losse firstname.lastname@example.org
3/4 size violin for sale, £50. Stentor student, 2.5yrs old, one careful owner. Please contact the office if you are interested.
German W Hoffman Upright Piano in top condition for a quick sale. Purchased refurbished 2 years ago, it has another 3 years of guarantee (until 2025) on the workmanship interiors and parts. Please click for details https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284400068365 Valued at £2250, the owner will accept £2000 from members/ friends of CMA. Buyer to collect.