Chiltern Music Academy is an independent centre of vibrant community music making. It was formed in July 2014 by a group of parents and music professionals passionate about the development of musicianship. A carefully designed series of activities gives young musicians aged 4-19 every chance to fulfil their potential in an atmosphere of encouragement and fun.
- We welcome all young musicians in the Chilterns
- We play the music that we love together in a community of friends
- We strive for excellence at every level
- We encourage each child to grasp the opportunities available to them to fulfil their musical potential
What is different about CMA?
- Immune to government cuts and free to explore new initiatives in music making
- Governed, managed and supported by parents
- Student voice encouraged through a student council
- Senior students involved in mentoring and governance
- A comprehensive Student Development Programme, beginning in Key Stage 1
- A range of performance opportunities, from the informal to the inspirational
- Strong links with notable external bodies to extend our best players and singers
- Geographically: across the whole of Wycombe and the surrounding areas
- Academically: across a range of abilities and disabilities
- Financially: keeping membership fees low and offering bursaries where possible